In the interest of ensuring a safe and pleasurable summer for all, the following policies have been adopted by the Hallowell Homeowners Association (HOA). Operating hours shall be set by the Hallowell HOA Board of Directors and may be changed without notice.
Hallowell Homeowners Association, Inc.
Swimming Pool Operating Policy
With Covid-19 Requirements
The dates of Operation are Saturday May 29, 2021 through Monday, September 6, 2021.
While MCPS schools are in session the Pool will be open weekends and holidays from 11:00 a.m. to 8p.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. on school days.
Outside pool memberships will go on sale on the Hallowell Website on Monday May 3,
Memberships will be $550 for families and $300 for singles.
Hallowell Pool Members will be permitted to bring guests to the pool.
Pool patrons will be required to bring their own chair
All pool members will be required to have a waiver on file to use the pool.
- The details of the 2021 Pool Schedule are still under consideration and will be set and advertised prior to Memorial Weekend.
THE 2021 OPERATING REQUIREMENTS WILL BE UPDATED FOR THE 2021 SEASON SOON!
The pool may be closed at the discretion of the manager on duty in the case of thunder, lightning, cold weather, operational breakdown or health-related issue.
To ensure compliance with Montgomery County Phase 2 guidelines and limitations imposed by Executive Orders from the County Executive to allow for reopening of pools in a manner consistent with safe health practices, Hallowell HOA is activating the following operating procedures to maximize residents’ pool experience:
- Members will be required to complete the COVID-19 Waiver. No one will be permitted to enter the pool without a completed waiver on file for the season. A primary resident can sign for themselves and minor children. Other adults in the household will need to complete and sign their own waiver. To fill out the on line waiver, click on "Online forms", click on the “Pool Use Waiver of Liability” form, fill it out and submit it.
- When entering the facility residents must be free from COVID-19 symptoms and all other illness. Do Not Enter the facility if you are sick.
- Social distancing at the pool is required. Residents should stay at least 6-feet apart (both in and out of the water) from other individuals not from their household. Use areas “PODS” will be marked on the grass and pool deck to maintain social distancing.
- Per the Governor's Executive Order, residents must wear face coverings when interacting with staff or other individuals not from their household. Residents will be required to wear face coverings at all times when in the bathhouses. Residents should not wear face coverings in the water.
- To assist patrons in planning pool visits, reservations for 80% of the available pool “PODS” will be available through “Sign Up Genius” on Monday June 29. 20% of the pool “PODS” will be available for “walk in patrons” on a first come, first served basis.
- Please do not arrive at the pool more than 10 minutes before the swim session.
- Staff will require residents to scan their pool access cards before entry. Completed Covid-19 Waivers must be on file or submitted at the pool prior to entry to validate pool access. Residents must also be current on assessments and have no ACC violations.
- Staff will not handle access cards except to process cards for new residents.
- At this time Parents must accompany children under 16 years of age. The “Swimming Pool Parental Authorization Form For children ages 12 to 15 years” will not be in use for the 2020 season.
- No furniture will be provided. Residents are encouraged to bring their own chair/towel to sit on.
- Water fountains and vending machines will be closed per Montgomery County guidelines. Patrons are encouraged to bring their own water and snacks. Residents are permitted to consume food/non-alcoholic beverages within the pool enclosure, providing they are 10-feet from the pool edge.
- The wading pool and slide will not be open permitted per Montgomery County guidelines.
- Members will be permitted to bring guests to the pool.
- Items placed in Lost and Found will be disposed of at the end of the day, with the exception of items which can be wiped clean.
a. Strike one – 3 day suspension of pool privileges. The individual is not allowed on the pool grounds and within 500 feet of the pool grounds during the suspension period.
- All members using the pool or pool area do so at their own risk. The Hallowell HOA assumes no responsibility for any accident or injury in connection with the use of the pool and will not be responsible for any loss or damage of personal property of any kind. All members must sign a “Pool Use Waiver of Liability” prior to entry to the pool.
- Individuals may enter the pool only in proper bathing attire. Shorts and other attire not designed for swimming may not be worn in the pool, Individuals must be barefooted when entering the main pool. Water shoes only are not permitted in the main pool.
- Members shall be held responsible for the actions of their children. Guests will not be permitted at the pool for the 2020 season.
- All persons over five years of age entering the pool grounds must show a valid pool pass or guest pass. Pool passes are not transferable. The pool staff shall confiscate pool passes from any members cited for pool or community rules violation (e.g., ACC, monthly dues delinquency, or other fee delinquency).
- Pool passes for new homeowners and re-issued passes to reflect an updated picture and/or other information may be obtained at the pool during scheduled times. The fee for replacement of a lost or damaged pool pass is $5.00.
- The lifeguards have been empowered to enforce the general pool polices, operational guidelines and regulations including Covid-19 requirements with the goal of maintaining a safe and healthy environment. Pool management shall have the authority to dismiss from Hallowell pool property any adult or child who poses a threat to safety after a verbal warning. Any adult or child that commits an illegal act shall be dismissed from the Hallowell pool property immediately. A “three strikes and you are out” discipline policy is in effect as described below. Failure to heed any instructions or requests of the life guards or pool or association management will result in the following loss of pool privileges:
b. Strike two – 10 day suspension of pool privileges. The individual is not allowed on the pool grounds and within 500 feet of the pool grounds during the suspension period.
c. Strike three – individual will no longer be allowed in the pool for the remainder of the season. In addition, the Board of Directors reserves the right to revoke pool privileges for the entire family of the person whose, bad conduct warranted this action if deemed appropriate for the situation and approved by the Board.
7.These rules and regulations may be amended at the sole discretion of the Hallowell HOA Board of Directors. The pool staff is charged with monitoring compliance and reporting to the Board.
8.Parents are reminded of their responsibility to supervise their children both inside and outside of the shower and clubhouse areas, especially during mandatory break periods. Any misuse of Hallowell resources may result in forfeiture of permission to enter pool grounds.
POOL OPERATIONS (All Pool Forms are available at the Pool or on the Hallowellhoa.net) website:
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult at all times during pool hours. Children that are not 16 years of age on or before the pool opens each pool season are subject to this policy.
- An adult is considered a permanent or temporary guardian (including babysitters) 16 years of age or older. Nannies and/or babysitters 16 years of age or older may be authorized to accompany children to the pool without the attendance of the parent or legal guardian, provided that written permission of the child’s parent or permanent legal guardian and pool use waiver of liability for the Nanny/babysitter/ childcare provider is provided. Forms specifically for this purpose must be completed. Nanny/babysitter/ childcare provider passes are issued to be used specifically in place of a parent or guardian. In cases where parents or guardians wish to use the pool in conjunction with a babysitter or nanny, the babysitter or nanny is must have this pass.
- “Parental Authorization Forms” to allow children between the ages of 12 and 15 on pool grounds without an adult will not be in use for the 2020 season.
- Mandatory rest periods for children shall be announced by the on-duty lifeguard for 10 minutes, at 50 minutes after each hour, except the last hour before closing. During rest periods, all individuals under the age of 16 must be completely out of the main swimming pool.
- The wading pool will not be open under Phase 2 reopening of Montgomery County. If the pool should be opened during the season, Individuals over the age of five (5) shall not be permitted in the wading pool unless they are playing with a younger sibling under the age of five (5). All children using the wading pool must be accompanied by an adult within the wading pool fence at all times. Lifeguards are not responsible for monitoring the wading pool area. This is the parent’s responsibility.
- Any individual using the playground equipment in the pool playground in an unsafe manner (e.g., climbing on the roof of the equipment, jumping off equipment to clear fence, throwing other children off the equipment, other unsafe actions) will be warned of their behavior and potentially prohibited from using the pool playground. Individuals over the age of twelve (12) will not be permitted to play on the playground equipment in the pool playground.
- Diaper-aged babies, including children wearing disposable diapers, must wear a swimsuit and plastic or rubber pants.
- Alcoholic beverages and all glass containers are prohibited on swimming pool grounds. Members or guests under the influence of alcohol or drugs shall not be permitted on pool property. The Hallowell Pool is a Smoke Free facility and smoking is not permitted anywhere within 500 feet of the pool facility.
- Rafts, inner tubes, noodles and other play equipment and toys will not be allowed in the pool. USCG-approved flotation devices may be used. (Such floatation devices may be allowed for special events)
- Pets are prohibited on swimming pool grounds and anywhere inside the fence, except for Service dogs.
- Unauthorized entry on swimming pool property shall result in prosecution for trespassing and/or revocation of pool privileges for the remainder of the season.
- Abusive language and horseplay are strictly prohibited.
Assessment Delinquencies and ACC Violations
(Applicable to Hallowell homeowners only)
Use of pool is included in the monthly assessment for Hallowell HOA members.
Every pool pass assigned to a household with a delinquent account or an ACC violation will be denied access to pool grounds. When this occurs, the pass holder will be directed to contact Community Association Services, Inc. for resolution. Lifeguards are not authorized to waive this restriction. Only the Hallowell HOA President is authorized to temporarily override the restriction pending investigation by the Community Manager.
Revised: 06/25/2020 to include Covid-19 Requirements
17721 Prince Philip Drive
Costs and Outside Membership 2021 Information
Outside Pool Memberships and applications will be available May 3, 2021.
The cost is $550 for a family membership and $300 for an individual membership.
Effective May 3, Applications for non-resident memberships will be accepted on the
website using an online purchase option.
Please contact the community manager Peggy Mark at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.